5 minutes – 5 questions. Sharpen you knowledge weekly. You don’t have to be a referee to answer these questions. The questions are based on Boys High School/IAABO rules.
- How far is the free throw line from the basket?
- What’s the size of the basketball hoop?
- How far is a three-point shot?
- How far is a half-court shot?
- What is the optimal length of a high school basketball court?
- 15 feet
- 18 inches across
- 19′ 9″ from the line to the center of the hoop
- 38′ feet on a high school court
- 84 feet.
Read the appropriate sections in the rule and case book if you answered any question incorrectly.
Extra Credit: Keep track of your score and your average.
William Modeste, NYSUBOA Interpreter
Jim Paull, IAABO Board 42 Interpreter