5 minutes – 5 questions. Sharpen your knowledge weekly. You don’t have to be a referee to answer these questions.
- While A-1’s try is in flight, the horn sounds indicating time has expired in the third quarter. B-1 jumps and touches the try on its upward flight. Ball enters basket. The official disallows the basket. Is the official correct
- The official erroneously grants team B a time-out while a player of team A is in control. The official recognizes the mistake and notifies the coach that once the time-out is granted, it cannot be revoked nor delayed. Is the official correct?
- A-6 replaces A-1. During team B’s throw in; team B is granted a time-out. During the time-out A-1 reports to replace A-2. The official allows the substitution. Is the official correct?
- A-1 is bleeding and directed to the bench. Team A takes a time-out. Following the time-out, A-1 enters the playing court ready to play. The official allows A-1 to stay in the game. Is the official correct?
- Team A is wearing red jerseys. A-1 enters the court wearing a blue wristband and headband. The official rules A-1 wristband and headband are illegal. Is the official correct?
- No Rule 4 Sec. 41 Art. 4, Rule 5 Sec. 1
- Yes Rule 5 Sec. 8
- No Rule 3 Sec. 3 Art. 4
- Yes Rule 3 Sec. 3 Art. 7
- Yes Rule 3 Sec. 5 Art. 3a
Read the appropriate sections in the rule and case book if you answered any question incorrectly. Highlight those sections. Extra Credit: Keep track of your score and your average.
William Modeste, NYSUBOA Interpreter
Jim Paull, IAABO Board 42 Interpreter