Good balance is a great way to keep injury free. According to Australian scientists, exercises that improve your balance provide an effective way of preventing ACL injuries during sport. Add Skater Hops to your workouts to build strength, improve balance and lateral agility.
How to do Skater Hops
- Stand on your right foot with your knee slightly bent, and place your left foot just behind your right ankle.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body into a partial squat. Then bound to the left by jumping off your right foot.
- Land on your left foot and bring your right foot behind your left as you reach toward the outside of your left foot with your right hand.
- Repeat the move back toward the right, landing on your right foot.
- Complete 2 sets of 10 jumps per leg (40 jumps total).
65 percent of ACL surgeries result from a sports related injury source: Journal of Sports Medicine