SMARTBALL™ REALITY CHECK FOR H.S. STUDENT-ATHLETES
The Game Is Changing… New NCAA Requirements and New Redesigned SAT
On Sunday October 25, 2015 New York region student-athletes, parents, and coaches representing high school, middle-school and grassroots/AAU, are invited to a free and public forum addressing the new academic and athletic requirements for those aspiring to obtain a college scholarship.
The forum will bring to New York City some of Americas most experienced and knowledgeable basketball minds in the game. To name a few, confirmed panelists include:
- NCAA Basketball Television Analyst Len Elmore, Esq. – ESPN/CBS
- Top High School Basketball Scout Tom Konchalski – HSBI, H.S. Basketball Illustrated
- NY Coaching Legend Ron Naclario – Benjamin Cardozo H.S.
- Legendary Coach and Educator Ted Gustus, Jr. – PSAL Brooklyn Boys Basketball Commissioner
WHAT: The SMARTBALL Reality Check is the introductory educational experience that presents required information student-athletes must know as they pursue high school graduation and work to qualify for college and satisfy incoming academic requirements for athletic participation as a freshman.
WHY: FACT: The Game is Changing!
- New NCAA Division I & II Eligibility Requirements for H.S. student-athletes
- New redesigned College Board PSAT/SAT exams
- Recently launched FREE College Board online SAT prep and test assessment powered by Khan Academy
- Earlier Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application deadlines for 2017-2018
WHEN: Sunday – October 25, 2015
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
WHERE: Riverbank State Park Theatre @ The Cultural Center
679 Riverside Drive (Enter at 145th and Riverside Drive)
Harlem, NY 10030
For More Information Contact: Rudy King 718.864.8740