- The score is Team A 80 and Team B 79 when the horn sounds to end the 4th quarter. Prior to the referee’s approval of the final score, the coach of Team A uses inappropriate language and directs and obscene gesture towards the officials. A technical foul is charged and the result of the free throws will determine the winner or whether overtime is required. Is the referee correct?
- Team A substitute No. 13 enters and plays the second quarter. At halftime, the official scorekeeper notices No. 13 is not in the score book and informs the officials. The 3rd quarter will start with a technical foul and possession to Team B. Is the referee correct?
- A1 is fouled by B1 just after the ball leaves the referee’s hand(s) on the jump to start overtime. Both teams are in the bonus. Possession is set towards the opponents basket when the ball is placed at the disposal of the free thrower. Is the referee correct?
- A pass, a tap or a try for field goal by A1 comes down several feet in front of the basket. The ball strikes the floor without touching any player and bounces into the basket. Two points are counted for A1. Is the referee correct?
- A technical foul by B1 occurs during the dead ball before the second quarter. The referee starts the second quarter by administering the free throws. The free throws are followed by a throw-in opposite the table at the division line. The alternate possession arrow is reversed. Is the referee correct?
NOTE: Are you keeping track of your score and average?